New and Improved FAQ
Q: I’ve experienced an issue with an online order. What do I do?
A: Contact us through our contact us page. Right here.
Q: When I pay for my order, I get a screen that says “Sorry, this order is invalid and cannot be paid for.” What does this mean?
A: It means there has been a hiccup on the back end of the system and has caused an issue with your normal checkout procedure. It could be as simple as one or more items in your cart have be placed out of stock before you’ve had time to checkout, or as complicated physics. But what we do know, is that we still receive the orders.
Q: What should I do if this happens?
DO NOT place a reorder. This might result in multiple charges/pending payments to your account. Which can’t be canceled on our side until our next business day. (For info on Refunds and Cancellations, see “Online Orders” below)
DO contact us through our handy “Contact us” page. Give us your name, tell us you’ve gotten the screen. Let us know, abouts what you’ve ordered and we’ll reach out to you as soon possible.
Q: Why is my order on hold?
A: It means your order has been placed and is waiting for us to do something with it.
Q: What if my order is still on hold but I’ve been charged?
A: We are still actually processing the physical order. But the payment has cleared the system.
Q: What is a “Hold”?
A: A hold is our websites really bad way letting you know that your order has been placed. (Believe us, we are working on fixing the verbiage.) Our system places all orders on hold till they have been processed.
Processing only happens when the shipping label is created and printed for your package.
Q: How will I receive my order?
A: All packages are shipped in plain boxes or USPS shipping packages with a simple nondescript label. While we maintain a high level of discretion for all our orders, all international orders are plain boxed and packages require itemized customs documentation to the exterior of the package. The item descriptions used, however are as discreet as can be allowed.
Q: What if the item I order ends up being out of stock, or I want to change my order?
A: If an item you’ve ordered is out of stock, we will complete the part of the order that we can and adjust your total to reflect the changes. We will reach out to you if we find several items are out of stock on your order. If you want to change your order, reach out to us on the Contact Us page as soon as possible. That way we can make adjustments before your order ships.
Q: What if I really want the item that was out of stock?
A: Reach out to us on the Contact Us page. We’ll happily see what we can do for you. If it’s an item that we can reorder. We can contact you when they come in and set one aside for you.
Images through the checkout process.
Q: There is a hold on my bank account?
A: Yes, there is. It will clear and process when your purchase is completed. If the order is canceled, it will take 5-7 business days before hold drops off.
Q: When am I charged?
A: The moment we print your shipping label your order is completed and that is when your account will be charged. Till then it will set as pending in your personal bank account.
Q: I just sent you a message from your Contact Us page. When will I hear from you?
A: We respond to messages Monday – Saturday. Starting at Noon (sometimes earlier) and stopping at 4pm. You send a message after 4pm and we will reply the next business day.
Q: Can I just call the store?
A: Normally we would just say yes and be happy to help you. However, during this unusual time we are asking everyone to use the Contact Us page to start a dialog of correction and address website/purchasing issue.
We’ll be adding more answers soon…
Processing and shipping
- We process orders Monday – Saturday
- Orders placed before noon usually ship out the same day.
- Orders placed after noon will be shipped out the next day.
- US Post is our main carrier for the US and Canada; they provide excellent tracking of your package, guaranteed delivery dates, and a transit time of 1-5 business days from the date of shipping, depending on your distance from Seattle.
- US Post is required for PO boxes, US Territories, APO/Military addresses, and no-expedited shipments to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico.
- All other countries are shipped via 1st class international post and delivery is pending Customs.
How are shipping costs calculated?
- USA orders – Lower 48 States are shipped via US Postal = $8.05 Flat Rate*
- HI, AK orders are shipped via US Postal = $23.50 flat Rate*
- International orders are shipped US First Class International – $23.50 Flat Rate*
* If we can ship it cheaper, we will manually adjust the shipping rate downward.
** Furniture/Over-sized Items are not eligible for flat rate shipping. Shipping fees for these items can be found on the item page.
Do you ship internationally? Cost?
- Yes! We ship orders all over the world, except Brazil.
- Cleaners can only be shipped within the US, except US Military Bases.
- USPS via Local Carrier: An international mail service delivered to you by your local postal carrier with an average transit time of 7-14 days from date of shipping. This service is required for International Post Office and Parcel Locker Deliveries.
- Estimated shipping charges for all standard packages (furniture and oversized packages excluded):
- USPS via Local Carrier $23.50
- Please note that international orders may also be subject to import duties and/or taxes for countries that require them. The import duties/taxes are the responsibility of the receiver to remit payment.
- Failure to pay these fees may result in your package being held by customs. Packages returned for such reasons will incur a secondary shipping fee if reshipped. Although it is rare, should customs seize an item, Doghouse Leathers cannot be held responsible.
- While we maintain a high level of discretion for all our orders, all international orders are plain boxed and packages require itemized customs documentation to the exterior of the package. The item descriptions used, however are as discreet as can be allowed.
- USPS via Local Carrier $23.50
How will my order be packed and shipped?
- All packages are shipped in plain boxes and contain the following return label:
715 E Pike St.
Seattle, WA 98122
We want you to feel 100% comfortable with your purchase
so we offer a 30 day return policy. ( Insertable Items , Underwear / intimate apparel are not returnable Per Health code, except for manufacturer defect. ) Simply return the Gear within 30 days for refund or exchange. Custom / made to fit Items are non-refundable , We are happy to provide a unique one of a kind piece ,but please take your time when ordering these items.
Your experience is our number 1 priority and we want you to love you new gear.
Returning gear is simple:
- Let us know via the return form what you’d like to do.
- We’ll contact you to confirm your exchange/return.
- Send in your item.
There will be a 25% restock Fee applied to your return.
Exchanges will be shipped to you at no charge. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible but always within 10 days of receiving your package.